Graduate Customer Service Engineer
Position: Graduate Customer Service Engineer
Salary: £18,000 to £20,000
Location: Plymouth, Devon
Founded in 2003, EPA has grown into a leading provider of cloud based IT services. We supply services to over 1,500 companies across the UK. The hosted, web-based services which EPA deliver comprise of the management and protection of email, including: Hosting, Security and Archiving. The business also has areas of expertise in Web Security and Data Backup. EPA supplies its services via a reseller channel and supports a national client base of over 1,500 customers in both the private and public sector.
EPA is a small, focused team. We have previously recruited a number of graduates and helped start their careers. We work in a specialist area of IT and offer excellent career prospects. Our staff enjoy working as part of a small team and staff have commented on the level of input they have, which is lacking when they have previously worked for larger organisations. We are based at the Tamar Science Park and offer a superb working environment. Our business is experiencing phenomenal growth and grew by over 30% in 2012.
The role will be office based and you will be responsible for the deployment and support of new technology services. The role will involve demonstration of technical services via online webinars, deployment of services and post sales support.
Typical Work Activities
- Providing web-based and telephone technical support through the email ticket system, direct to customers and resellers
- Ownership and management of all calls taken, including responsibility for the resolution, escalation and final case close
- Logging of calls taken and provision of 1st and 2nd level technical support
- Operation of the customer provisioning system
- Training of customers and resellers via online training aids
- Setting up customer trials of email and web security services, email archiving and email hosting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to clearly converse with technical and non-technical customers, partners, resellers and colleagues
- Professional, personal and friendly telephone manner
- Experience of Windows Server & Microsoft Exchange
- Excellent customer service
- Solid knowledge of network infrastructure
- Good lateral thinker (many support issues are resolved via lateral thinking)
- Good organisational skills
- Able to prioritise and work within tight time scales in order to meet deadlines
- Self starter able to make progress with minimal supervision
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience working within a technical or analytical environment is favourable, but not essential
- Trustworthy, reliable, consistent
How to Apply
Please send a CV and covering letter to us. If we think that you will be a good fit with EPA, you will be invited to an open day at our offices to meet our team and find out more about us.
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Plymouth
Salary : £18,000 - £20,000
Date Advertised : 27 Feb 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.