A generous basic salary of £12,500 per annum with unlimited commission
Location: Plymouth or Truro
Department: Call Centre
Reporting To: Call Centre Manager
Responsible For: Generating Sales Leads for a variety of products
Key Relationships: Team Leader
Role: As a telesales operator, you`ll be working in an outbound call centre, contacting potential customers by telephone to generate sales leads for the businesses range of products.
Your working day is spent on the phone making outgoing calls based on a script. During each phone call, you`re likely to:
- Describe the product benefits
- Give advice about how these may benefit customers personally
- Refer customers for relevant product
- Gather and document information about the customer
- Enter your notes into a computer, including dates for follow up calls
- Create sales opportunities for senior sales people
- Achieve targets set by the business
The work is fast paced and intense, and you have only a short amount of time to build rapport with customers and explain the features and benefits of the products and services offered
Personal Skills & Qualities:
To be a Telesales Operator you`ll need:
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- A polite, confident and friendly manner
- Confidence using computers
- To enjoy working with customers and building relationships.
- A positive attitude.
- Flexibility and quick thinking.
- Perseverance and the ability to respect customers` answers.
- Good knowledge about all the company`s products and services.
- To be well-organised and thorough, even under pressure.
- To enjoy working within a target-driven team environment.
- To understand and comply with the legislation relating to direct marketing.
Training is provided in-house. It will include an induction period, with role playing exercises in a simulated environment, before making calls to actual customers.
You`ll then spend a short period of time gaining experience without the pressure of achieving targets. However, when experienced you`ll be expected to progress quickly.
There will also be opportunity for career progression within the company. If you`re successful, you can achieve rapid promotion and salary increases.
- A generous basic salary of £12,500 per annum with unlimited commission
- £20,000 OTE
- 22 days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Weekly and monthly prizes
Job Type : Permanent
Location : Plymouth, Truro
Salary : £12,500+ pa
Date Advertised : 15 Feb 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.