MBA Web Developer
MBA Web Developer
The Marine Biological Association is looking to enhance its online resources and profile and is therefore seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and innovative Web Developer with proven ability in PHP and MySQL. The MBA operates mixed IIS7.5 and Apache web servers and experience with both environments would be ideal.
* Development and update of the MBA website and associated pages including the MarLIN (The Marine Life Information Network - [URL removed] and DASSH (The Archive for Marine Species and Habitats - [URL removed]
* Development and update of the NMBL (National Marine Biological Library) website ([URL removed] and ePrints archive;
* Close liaison with Knowledge Exchange, Communications and Learned Society staff on best use of web technologies and social media;
* Contract work with a web development aspect, and
* Other IT roles within the organization as required.
Essential skills to include:
* Demonstrable ability to author web pages with standards compliant HTML;
* Use of CSS for layout of web pages;
* Ability to author and modify PHP based applications;
* Proven ability with Content Management Systems and frameworks (including WordPress, Fuel CMS and CodeIgniter), and
* Familiarity with MySQL and PostgreSQL databases
* Experience in optimizing web resources and social networks to build traffic
Desirable skills to include:
* Basic web design skills;
* Knowledge of multi device layout including responsive design principals;
* Knowledge of website design focussed on accessibility and usability;
* Experience of working closely with non-technical staff
* Previous experience working in the academic/charity sector; and
* Interest in, or experience of, marine life sciences
The post will be for 1 year in the first instance, with the opportunity for subsequent extension and salary is expected to be in the range of £24,000-£26,000 depending on experience.
Applicants are requested to supply examples of their work as URLs or in PDF format. The MBA is an equal opportunities employer.
Please click on the apply now button below including a CV and covering letter explaining:
* How you meet each of the essential criteria,
* Examples of your work
* An account of where you have taken a Web development project from start to completion.
The closing date for applications is Friday 25th January 2013
Job Type : Contract/Interim
Location : Plymouth
Salary : £24 - £26k
Date Advertised : 23 Jan 2013
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.