HR Advisor (CIPD/Marine Defence)
HR Advisor - CIPD qualification - marine defence engineering environment - UK/EU Employment Legislation - general HR Procedures and Policies - employee terms and conditions - experience of working alongside Trade Unions - 12 month fixed term contract - based Plymouth - salary cú26 - 32K pa
We are looking for a HR Advisor with a CIPD qualification and relevant experience within an operational HR environment to work in a marine defence engineering environment
Candidates for the position of HR Advisor (CIPD/Marine Defence) must have a comprehensive knowledge and experience of applying UK/EU Employment Legislation and sound knowledge of general HR Procedures and Policies and employee terms and conditions
Also required is practical experience of working alongside Trade Unions in an Industrial and Non-Industrial environment.
The role of HR Advisor (CIPD/Marine Defence) is to support the Naval Bases Business Unit and is a forward facing generalist role, accountable to the HR Operations Manager
You would assist and support managers and staff, advising on best practice so an all-round knowledge of HR is essential as the role will encompass the full employee life cycle with day to day duties including:
* Providing guidance to managers and employees on Employment Law, HR Policies and Procedures.
* Applying HR Policies and Procedures including recruitment, sick absence, grievances and disciplinaries.
* Providing employee welfare and long term sickness support in conjunction with the Company Welfare Officer.
* Managing Termination of service (Death, redundancy, retirement, resignations etc.).
* Supporting organisational change and change management initiatives.
* Representing the HR Operations Manager and HR Support Manager at meetings and committees
* Providing statistics/reports and analysis on HR related topics.
* Supporting the Site Emergency Arrangements.
To undertake this role, the HR Advisor (CIPD/Marine Defence) must have excellent communication and organisational skills, flexibility and resilience and be an adaptable self-starter
Successful candidates will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements and may be required to complete a medical assessment
This vacancy is advertised by Otj Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised are those of an employment agency
Job Type : Contract/Interim
Location : Plymouth, Exeter, Devon
Salary : cú26 - 32K pa
Date Advertised : 20 Nov 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.