Position: Project Manager/Coordinator, Offshore Wind Energy
Type : Permanent
Location: London or Warrington
Salary : To be discussed
My client is seeking to enhance its core capabilities in the Renewable Energy market by recruiting an experienced Project Manager to be involved in Offshore Wind Energy
This is a key position in my clients European Team, reporting directly to the Director Renewable Energy, for the development and build out of services for Renewable Energy and the Project Manager, Offshore Wind Energy will:
* Prepare scopes of work and quotations
* Have the responsibility for the execution and performance of national/ international wind energy projects - especially offshore - ensuring that company services are carried out in accordance with the technical requirements of the wind industry
* Being involved in the acquisition of such projects
* Manage wind energy projects including establishing the required links to the ABSC field service or freelancers and guarantee the necessary information flow
* Keep time schedule requirements and assurance of quality of the service
The Project Manager will have responsibilities to include Management/coordination of international wind energy projects (especially offshore) and related tasks, such as:
* Prepare quotations and scopes of work related to the specific project.
* Follow up on the projects and the time schedules.
* Involved in/ support for project execution.
* Meet with clients.
* Support other offices to perform the project management and execution.
* Follow up on ongoing projects - customer contact.
* Support the customer in specific questions.
* Select/ appoint and mobilise/ accept project experts, inspectors or Assure required quality to the project.
* Assure that the project is carried out in accordance with the relevant requirements.
* Prepare and compile the report or statement in co-operation with the involved inspector/ expert.
* Initiate required inspections/surveys.
* Generate and acquire additional business
Successful candidates will have an Educational background as Engineer or equivalent and several years relevant experience within the wind industry - preferable offshore.
Other skills and experience of particular interest are:
* Experience in the European/ German wind energy market
* Knowledge of the offshore wind energy industry
* Offshore certificates are preferred
* Relevant experience in project management of technical operations within the areas of wind turbine technology
* Exposure to wind-related technical professional services, such as project certification, type certification, site analysis, risk assessment, offshore and project design would be of great value.
* Ability to devise and enact effective brand recognition and brand positioning strategies
* A distinct customer service focus
* Articulate with strong writing and presentation skills would be an advantage.
* Able to cooperate effectively with multidisciplinary and multinational teams
* Fluent in English
* Good communication skills
Job Type : Permanent
Location : London, Birmingham, Manchester, Plymouth, Southampton, Bristol, Swansea, Oxford, Brighton, Norwich, Derby, Exeter, Liverpool, Newcastle, Carlisle, Glasgow, Fife, York, Dover
Salary : To be discussed
Date Advertised : 09 Nov 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.