Position: Product Manager
Salary: From £70k
My client is a catastrophe risk modeling organisation that provides state-of-the-art products and services to the global property and casualty insurance, reinsurance and financial markets. The company is the technical leader and innovator of catastrophe risk management models that quantify exposure to a range of natural and man-made catastrophic risks.
The client connects re/insurance and financial services clients with the world's leading scientific minds to quantify and manage exposure to catastrophic risk. Leveraging decades of experience, the company's comprehensive methodology is distinguished by a unique treatment of uncertainty that helps clients set rational expectations about risk. My clients risk modelling platform includes 181 natural hazard software models for 95 countries spanning six continents.
This is a unique opportunity for a Product Manager, with the right skills and experience, to join a market leading organisation providing exceptional solutions to global market
The Product Manager, Reports directly to the Vice President of Product Management, is responsible for performing a variety of professional-level product management and sales support tasks, including requirement gathering and analysis, product use case development, portfolio analysis and report preparation, development testing, documentation and presentations. The role involves close consultation and communication with many of the company's functions, including Client Development (across different regional practices), Model Development, Marketing Communications and Professional Services, and the rest of the Product Management team. Some travel is expected.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities of the Product Manager:
* Represent a number of peril model products including European Windstorm and Flood.
* Develop a high level of proficiency in the company's Modeling Platform and specific perils models.
* Acquire and synthesize market intelligence in the target market including Reinsurers, Reinsurance Brokers and Insurance Carrier Companies.
* Characterise market needs, opportunities and requirements as identified in the client community and target market.
* Develop business relationships with the company's client community in order to advocate for their needs and concerns.
* Participate in the development of roadmap requirements and priorities.
* Develop Use Cases and Supplementary Specifications to define requirements for development.
* Develop User Acceptance testing criteria, test newly developed features and functions and documents results.
* Review and resolve quality control problems/concerns with management and others related to development of company products.
* Produce content for product documentation in association with Model Development and Software Development teams.
* Responsible for approving implementation or shipment of company software products after evaluating level of compliance with company standards
* Develop and/or review standards, policies and procedures for all functions involved with or related to the delivery of company products.
* Provide sales support to Client Development teams.
* Prepares and delivers both high-level and detailed presentations to company management, clients and user groups.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
* Master's degree is preferred; however, the minimum of a Bachelor's degree or recognized equivalent in business-related field from an accredited university or the equivalent industry experience will be considered. Preference will be given to achievements in structural engineering, computer science, atmospheric or geophysical science, actuarial science or similar.
* Professional designation/certifications such as an ACII/FCII or CPCU (USA) or ARe designations are desirable.
* Catastrophe Modeling or related experience with statistical modeling or insurance/reinsurance experience is a plus.
* Proven experience in Product Management or Product Marketing is an advantage
* Clarity and conciseness in oral and written communications
* Demonstrable capabilities in the production of effective presentations for delivery to both technical and non-technical audiences
Job Type : Permanent
Location : London, Birmingham, Plymouth, Southampton, Bristol, Swansea, Oxford, Brighton, Norwich, Derby, Exeter, Dover, Stoke, Basingstoke, Cheltenham, Peterborough, Northampton, Cambridge, Poole
Salary : £70k+
Date Advertised : 09 Nov 2012
Sorry, this position is no longer available.
Don't miss out again. Sign up for Jobs-by-Email and get the latest jobs direct to your inbox.